The Island Explorer
FORD TRANSIT or similar
The Island Explorer is our biggest model. Extra large storage space as well as room to comfortably sit and sleep 3 people make this category perfect for long trips around New Zealand. With its extensive range of equipment, models such as the FORD TRANSIT offer everything you need to explore New Zealand – without having to relinquish any comfort. In 2017 the Island Explorer also achieved the “self-contained” certificate which helps you save even more money on camping and accommodation.
Features and Equipment
Our Island Explorer comes with the following equipment:
- long wheel base,
- year 2000 to 2004
- 2.5cc turbo diesel
- 5 speed manual gearbox
- power steering
- central locking
- semi-high roof
- middle roof ventilation
- great fuel economy
- sits and sleeps 3 people
- huge storage space
- tinted glass for privacy as well as reduced heat and glare
In addition to the above our Island Explorer also comes with the following extras:
- full sink facility and cabinet
- double burner gas cooking stove and replacement gas cartridges
- crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils including plates, cups, glasses and bowls as well as spatula, can opener and scissors, cutting board and knife Usage is at your own risk!
- kettle, frying pan, big and small pot as well as various storage containers and salad bowls
- candles*, insect repellent*, pegs and clothes line
- chiller bin (may include cooling pads)
- flashlight and batteries
- linen including pillows, blankets and sheets as well as additional woollen blankets for those real cold nights
- 42l fridge
- pumped water
- camping table and chairs
- small tent that fits 3 people (only on request)
- GPS-Sat-navigation system with NZ maps*
- Panasonic Quad speaker CD stereo that is compatible with iPod or smartphone
- booklet containing information about Chilli Rentals and New Zealand traffic
- AA Fuel Card – save at least 6 cents/liter on fuel and diesel whenever you fill up at BP or Caltex gas stations
- 24-hour roadside assistance with AAplus – see Terms and Conditions
- fully comprehensive insurance to drive on NZ roads – see Terms and Conditions
- Tourism Radio* – learn more
* Not in every camper available, just on request.
All Chilli Rentals vehicles come with the following safety kits:
- fire extinguisher
- tool kit
- emergency battery jump pack including jump starter leads
- Hi-Visibility vest and emergency flashlight
- 1l engine oil*
- wheel brace and jack to change flat tyres
- First Aid Kit
- comprehensive car insurance for New Zealand roads – see Insurance Terms and Conditions
With our 24-hour roadside assistance and a comprehensive car insurance you can start your travels without worrying about emergencies – see Terms and Conditions.
* Not in every camper available, just if its needed.
Here at Chilli Rentals we aim to provide a personal and professional service with quality vehicles at an unbeatable price to ensure your vacation in New Zealand is a memorable one! Our vehicles are well appointed with everything you will need for a safe and comfortable trip. You are protected with 24-hour breakdown recovery and top quality insurance.
There is a free shuttle service for pick up and drop off in Auckland (only valid near airport and in Manukau!).