When you purchase a vehicle for your travels from Chilli Rentals we offer you a Buy Back Option. That means that we buy back2 any campervan you bought of us for up to 50% of the market value of your vehicle1 under the following conditions:
- You need to confirm that you want to use our Buy Back Option at least 2 weeks prior to your departure and planned vehicle handover to us.
- The vehicle needs to be registered for at least another 3 months for driving on New Zealand roads.
- The vehicle’s Warrant of Fitness (WoF) needs to be valid for at least another 6 months for vehicles older than year 2000 or at least 12 months for vehicles year 2000 and younger.
- The camping gear and the AA+ insurance will be deducted from the 50%.
- The vehicle must have been serviced every 5000 km. You will need to submit documents to proof this.
- The cost to repair any damage or mechanical issues will be deducted from the 50%.
- The better the vans and cars come back to Chilli Rentals, the more likely you will receive 50% of the market value.
1The vehicle’s market value will be determined by Chilli Rentals when sold to the buyer by Chilli Rentals. The market value does not have to match the purchase price.
2 We have the right to deny Buy Back of any vehicle if we find it in an unsuitable condition.