Interislander – the ferry connecting New Zealand
The 3.5 hour ferry ride between North and South Island is meant to be one of the most beautiful ferry rides across the world. Tickets can be booked up to 6 months in advance and can be altered on short notice should your travel itinerary change. A magnificent landscape awaits you: Take the ferry from Wellington (North Island) across the Cook Strait and Marlborough Sounds to Picton (South Island) or vice versa.
Important booking information
*Please note: You must check in at least 45 minutes prior to departure or at least 1 hour if you’re taking a vehicle on board.
* Opening hours Wellington Terminal: 6.30am to 6.15pm daily
Facilities: coffee shop, toilets, internet terminal, lockers ($4/12h) hotel information
* Opening hours Picton Terminal: 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, 8 to 11am Sundays
Facilities: coffee shop, toilets, internet terminal ($2/20min), lockers ($2/6h), tourist information
* You can register your luggage at the corresponding terminal (2 pieces with a maximum weight of 32kg). Hand luggage can be taken on board.
Most ferries run as follows:
* from Wellington: 9am / 11am / 2.45pm / 8pm
* from Picton: 10.45am / 2.15pm / 6.45pm / 10.15pm
When making bookings for vehicles more than 5 metres in length you need to supply the exact measurements (height and length) of your vehicle upon booking.
Please note: The Interislander Ferry Ticket is provided by a third party. Please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions carefully before making a booking, as Chilli Rentals is not liable for third party offers.
Book your ticket on the Interislander Ferry here